Why Knights Academy
work for knights academy
Knights Academy is part of the Haberdashers' Aske's Federation - a multi-academy trust of four secondary schools and five primary schools. All our schools have a single vision and ethos, based on mutual respect and responsible behaviour, and are:
- committed to valuing tradition, as well as progress; and
- promoting excellence in every area of school life, and to ensuring every student in our care fulfils their potential
Being part of a Multi-Academy Trust
- Our Federation brings together primary and secondary schools in an innovative and ambitious way. United by a single Trust Board, Chief Executive, Finance Director and Director of Performance, our three all-through school clusters are autonomous schools with their own Principals and senior leadership teams.
- At the same time, links develop at every level and in every area of school life. There are excellent opportunities for sharing resources, learning from each other and student and teacher exchange. The Federation is at the cutting edge of national educational initiatives, committed to research and development and to adopting creative solutions that will benefit all students.
- All our students are inspired to reach their full potential, no matter their ability or background; aspirations and achievements are constantly raised; the improvement of standards reflects the needs of the local and wider communities, through the highest quality academic, personal and vocational teaching and guidance. We build on the strengths and experiences of our schools so that our students become independent learners, fully equipped for the opportunities, challenges and responsibilities of adult life in the 21st century and well prepared to be the leaders, professionals and parents of tomorrow.
You can also use link below to access our TES vacancy micro site for details of any other current Teaching and Support staff vacancies and how to apply. You can also find copies of our application form for teaching posts and support staff posts available to download below.
TES – Knights Academy
Our teaching school, Atlas Teaching School Alliance, led by the Haberdashers’ Aske’s Federation welcomes high calibre graduates and career changers seeking to join the teaching profession through our School Direct programmes.
All employees are eligible to join their relevant pension scheme (either the Teacher’s Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme depending on their role).
Computer Loan Scheme
The Federation provides staff with the opportunity to purchase computer and other IT equipment. The computer purchase scheme works by allowing you to purchase a computer through the Federation and then the cost of this being taken back in monthly instalments from your salary.
All employees who have a minimum of 26 weeks' continuous service with the Federation have the right to request flexible working and to have their request considered. A request for flexible working could include a request for a change to the number of hours that the employee works, a request for a change to the pattern of hours worked, a request to job share or a request to perform some or all of the work from the employee's hoâ€‹â€‹me.
Ride to work Scheme
The Federation participates in the Ride2Work scheme, which allows staff to obtain substantial discounts, via tax allowances, for the purchase of a bicycle. Details of what is included in the scheme can be found by accessing Evans Cycles websiteâ€‹.
â€‹The Federation are pleased to offer staff discounts with O2. See the details on the link below for mode details.
Apple offers education pricing for teachers and staff at all levels.
Training Opportunities and Qualifications
The Federation offers part-funding for its staff to undertake qualifications that will support â€‹their development in their role. We will consider proposals submitted to your line manager for any relevant part-funded professional development. In addition, there is a specific Masters programme available for teaching staff and teaching assistants.
MA Education: The Federation part-funds some staff each year to undertake a Masters in Education at Goldsmiths University. This course is completed over 2 - 5 years and all teaching staff, governors and teaching assistants with a degree are welcome to apply. 50% of the course fee is funded by staff bursaries from Haberdashers' Hall.
In order to provide professional development and knowledge-sharing opportunities for our staff, the Federation provides staff with the opportunity to apply for secondment. This could be to another school within the Federation, or to another school or organisation outside of our own.
There are gyms available for use by staff for free outside of core hours at all three of the schools. Each school has different arrangements for this.
Online Publication Subscriptions
The Federation subscribes to a number of online publications for use by staff and students.
Season ticket travel loans
The Federation offers season ticket loans so that its staff members can take advantage of discounted annual fares for travelling to work by public transport. Applications will be considered on an individual basis and will be repaid through salary deductions for ten months.
Microsoft Office for £9.95
All staff employed by the Federation are eligible to participate in Microsoft's Home User Program (HUP). This program enables you to get a licensed copy of Microsoft Office desktop PC applications to install and use on your home computer
All employees have free access to a 24-hour confidential counselling service, designed to help individuals deal with a range of personal and general problems
The school operates a childcare voucher scheme and the vouchers are offered as a ‘salary sacrifice’. Childcare vouchers can be used to pay for registered or approved childcare and are exempt from both tax and National Insurance contributions for employees.