Open up your world at Knights Sixth Form
Five reasons to join Knights Sixth Form
Our Results Open Doors
Our students achieve or exceed their target grades allowing them to take impressive next steps in the world of work, apprenticeships and University.
81% of our students secured university places, including Russell Group universities such as Kings College, UCL and University of Bristol
The Haberdashers' Advantage
Our programme gives you access to a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities to develop talents outside of the classroom in Volunteering, Extended Project, Combined Cadet Force, Duke of Edinburgh, Music, PE and Art.
Careers Advice and Guidance
Outstanding careers advice and guidance on post-18 further education, training and employment, that will support you every step of the way whatever you choose to do next, from Medical School, UCAS applications to apprenticeships.
Unrivalled Network of Opportunities
Through our sponsors, the Haberdashers’ Company, you have the chance to meet many industry leaders as well as access to a range of scholarships and university bursaries, of up to £1000 per year!
More about our Sixth Form
Sixth Form is a transitional stage between compulsory education and life in employment, higher education or training. You are therefore expected to take far more responsibility for your own learning than in Year 11. In the Knights' Sixth Form, we expect a high standard of conduct and a professional appearance, and looks for the development of good working relationships with tutors and teaching staff.
In general, the aims of our Sixth Form are as follows:
- To encourage high academic standards and to enable each student to achieve his/her full potential.
- To develop and maintain personal high standards in work, conduct and individual responsibility.
- To place every student on a programme of study driven by his/her ability and needs.
- To prepare pupils for the wider world, university or for entry into employment.
To provide all necessary information and guidance with regard to entry to Universities, Colleges of Higher Education or employment
- To encourage every student to take a full and active part in the life of the Academy and to contribute to its leadership.
- To develop all pupils character offering opportunities for this through the curriculum and outside of lessons.
Entry Criteria and Applications
How we meet the 16-19 programme requirements
At Knights pupils study a range of qualifications and can take a combination of vocational and academic, we also offer GCSE English and Maths for those pupils who did not reach a grade 4.
Pupils complete work experience, two weeks for those on vocational pathway, and one week for academic. This takes place towards the end of year 12.